- You will have your own room during your time at The Nest that you will share with your baby.
- Laundry facilities are on site and free
- Transportation will be provided to specific approved activities, but residents are encouraged to have their own car because of the remote location of our home, and lack of access to public transportation
- The Nest is located in a beautiful rural location near Rockford, MN
To remain eligible for The Nest program:
- You must be working, in school, or taking a furthering education class for a certificate
- You must attend a community meeting called The Gathering 1x per week. These nights will include dinner together, and a house meeting.
- You must attend a monthly meeting with the Executive Director to discuss goal setting and accountability.
- You must attend Life Skills Classes hosted by The Nest
- You must utilize Options for Women’s Earn While You Learn program at least once a week.
- You must attend church regularly with house staff or another approved person.
- You must take part in our Resident’s Savings Program
- Wake up, get ready and have your room picked up by the time you leave for school or work. Most days you’ll pack a lunch.
- After you come home in the mid-afternoon you’ll have time for Earn While You Learn lessons, homework, counseling, exercise and some phone/computer time
- Each family unit in the home is responsible for their own evening meals (except for on Wednesday nights). Some evenings, we end up eating together and other evenings everyone is busy with their own responsibilities. After dinner, there’s time for chores, homework, or group discussion before some relaxation.
- Between 9:00-10:00PM, residents retreat to their rooms for Personal Time. During this time you can enjoy reading, journaling, considering decisions that are needing to be made, calendar planning, listening to music, or generally winding down. Quiet time/bed time begins at 10:00PM.
Life Skills Classes
Some of the skills learned at The Nest are:
- Job Skills
- Goal Planning
- Basic decision making
- Financial planning
- Strength Finder
- Parenting and Healthy Relationship classes
- Cooking and Menu planning
- Conflict resolution
- Communication skills
Some of our favorite house activities are:
- Movie Nights
- Eating Out
- Minnesota State Fair
- Farmer's Market
- YWAM Community Nights
- Art Nights
- Pool Time at YWAM during the summer
- Walks around town
- Fun Fall activities (Apple Orchards, Pumpkin Patches, Corn Mazes, etc.)